New Jersey Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT
For many of us September feels more like a new year than January. For me it’s because I have been in school, had children in school, or worked in some type of school setting, almost my entire life. There is something about the traditional academic calendar, based on our history as an agrarian society that says it’s time to harvest what we’ve sown and plan for next season.
Your professional association, the New Jersey Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (NJAND), is harvesting the summer work of our volunteers and planning some exciting activities for the next season!
We have a new logo and the many legal steps to transition to a new name are underway. We will complete the legal transition to the NJ Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics this fall.
Over the summer, the leadership team, including our Executive Director, Megan Squires, elected board members and many other volunteers have:
- Created 3 Member Interest listservs – Functional Medicine, Pediatrics and School Foodservice
- Started 5 Professional Networking Groups, with more on the horizon
- Began a Public Relations/Communication Campaign plan
- Planned fall events at HealthBarn and Ninety Acres Farm
- Arranged for social media training to enhance our public image and social media presence
- Developed a new Partnership Opportunity Program
- Developed a Members Only Partnership program
- Created a supporter membership for NJAND
- Attended PPW and continued to track both state and federal policies
- Sent a letter of support to Senator Corey Booker, co-sponsor of the Reducing Obesity in Youth Act (ROYA)
- Booked a location for our next annual meeting, April 28th at the Hyatt in Morristown
- Planned a networking reception for Oct 17 at FNCE
We hope you’ll consider getting involved, attending one of our continuing education and networking events, or participating in a listserv.
I am grateful for the many people who are working to support the activities of NJAND and look forward to an active year.
Kathleen Carozza, MA, R
2016-2017 President, NJAND
NJDA's Media Representative Mandy Enright, RDN had a chance to speak with 1450 WCTC on Tuesday, 3/2/16 to promote National Nutrition Month 2016 and the events that NJDA will be involved with this month to help promote Savoring The Flavor of Eating Right!