Electronic Clinical Quality Measures (ECQM) - Resources
The four malnutrition eCQMs have been adopted by numerous health systems and hospitals throughout the nation. View the below videos to learn about RDN success stories, hear a leadership message from the Academy president and stakeholders and apply the call to action.
Malnutrition Codes – Characteristics and Sentinel Markers (includes FAQ for adults and pediatrics) https://www.eatrightpro.org/payment/coding-and-billing/diagnosis-and-procedure-codes/malnutrition-codes-characteristics-and-sentinel-markers
EAL: Evidence Analysis Library
- Oncology: Malnutrition Screening Tools (2012)
- NSCR: Nutrition Screening Tools (2009-2010)
- NSCR: Serum Proteins (2009)
Malnutrition Quality Improvement Initiative (MQII)
Alliance to Advance Patient Nutrition
ANHI – Malnutrition Resource Center
Nestle Nutrition Institute
American Health Information Management Association
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. International Classification of Diseases
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
NFPE Training Opportunities
Rutgers – Nutrition Focused Physical Examination – A Physical Assessment Workshop for Registered Dietitians
Cleveland Clinic – Nutrition Focused Physical Assessment Training: Learning How to Diagnosis Malnutrition
NFPE Pocket Guide and Pediatric NFPE Pocket Guide
DNS Nutrition Focused Physical Exam video
NFPA: Making Clinical Connections by Mary Litchford, PhD, RD, LDN
- “Consensus Statement of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics/American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition: Characteristics Recommended for the Identification and Documentation of Adult Malnutrition (Undernutrition)” J Acad Nut Diet. 2012;112(5):730- 738.
- “Differentiating Malnutrition Screening and Assessment: A Nutrition Care Process Perspective.” JAND. 2015; 115(5):824-828.
- “Scope of Practice and Legal Issues in Nutrition-focused Physical Examination.” Support Line, 2011;33(2):2-6.
- “Nutrition-focused Physical Examination: Skin, Nails, Hair, Eyes, and Oral Cavity.” Support Line, 2011;33(2):7-15.
- “Malnutrition syndromes: A conundrum vs. continuum.” JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr.2009;33(6):710-716.
- “Consensus Statement of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics/American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition: Indicators Recommended for the Identification and Documentation of Pediatric Malnutrition (Undernutrition).” J Acad Nut Diet.2014;114(12):1988-2000.
- “Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Revised 2015 Standards of Practice and Standards of Professional Performance for Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (Competent, Proficient, and Expert) in Pediatric Nutrition.” " J Acad Nut Diet. 2015;115(3):451-460.e35.
- “Defining Pediatric Malnutrition: A Paradigm Shift Toward Etiology-Related Definitions.” JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 2013;37(4):460-481.
- “Nutrition-Focused Physical Examination in Pediatric Patients.” Nutr Clin Pract.2015;30(2):203-209.