Registered Dietitian (Part-time) - Erickson Living - New Providence, NJ
The Dietitian plans, develops, implements and maintains programs and systems of nutritional care. Nutritional care will meet the needs and maximize the quality of life for the Erickson Community residents. Ensures the resident nutritional needs are met and documented to fulfill the requirements of all federal, state and local regulations. Supports the supervision of the dining operation in Continuing Care.
- Maintains the Erickson Living philosophy and “Vision” statement.
- Develops and implements a nutritional plan of care based on assessment of nutritional needs as part of the resident’s/patient’s total plan of care. Evaluates, documents and reports appropriately.
- For Hospice or home care assignments; reports to the Hospice or home care Interdisciplinary Group and operates under the orders of the MD and the hospice or home care Plan of Care.
- Monitors and documents the Continuing Care resident’s nutritional status. Documents discharge summaries for Home Health and Hospice residents when needed.
- Works with the interdisciplinary team to provide appropriate counseling to individuals, families and caregivers in the Continuing Care and home setting as needed. Evaluates and instructs on nutritional principles, dietary plans, food selections and economics, adapting plans to the individual’s illness and prognosis as indicated. Provides follow-up care as indicated.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and oversight of food production system, sanitation and menu review to assure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Gives input into supervision, evaluation, training, and disciplining of dining services staff.
- Provides instruction of in-service education to both staff and residents for the entire community. Provides in-service education regarding nutritional issues in end-of-life care to the Interdisciplinary Group.
- Performs as an effective member of the Continuing Care, Home Care and Hospice interdisciplinary teams.
- Complies with the organizations policies and procedures. Maintains confidentiality and safety of resident/patient records.
- Conducts Quality Assurance audits including chart reviews for clinical nutrition compliance and others as determined by the QA team.
- Works with dining and health services computer systems.
- Assures that all services and programs are in compliance with federal, state and/or local laws and statutes.
- Shows professional knowledge, proficiency and initiative in achieving goals and meeting standards. Maintains requirements for registration as dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration and State licensure as required.
- Maintains effective relationships with all department/interdepartmental members, residents and families.
For more information and to apply, click here.
Community Dietitian, Wellness Services - newark beth israel medical center
Seeking an RDN to fill a temporary, part time position in Wellness Services at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center and Children's Hospital of New Jersey. Applicants should be skilled in group nutrition education for all ages and comfortable presenting culinary demonstrations.
For more information and to apply, please click here.
PACIFYR seeking Dietitians and Nutritionists for video-chat sessions
Seeking contractors that are Registered Dietitians or Nutritionists to provide online Nutrition and healthy eating sessions for people that are struggling with weight, diet issues, or just want to maintain an overall healthy life-style. All sessions are provided at the convenience of the contractor. All sessions are provided online through video-chat on a downloadable app. (PACIFYR). Training will be provided via phone if hired. Positions can be part-time or up to full-time depending on flexibility of scheduling. Please refer your friends or anyone you know that is currently seeking a position in this field immediately as we have immediate opportunities available!
For more information visit: www.pacifyr.com
Please send resume/coverletter to Lisa Arnold at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Temporary PT - Certified Diabetes Educator (RDN) - clara maass medical center, belleville, nj
Sodexo is on the hunt for a Part Time Temporary Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) to coordinate a Diabetes Self-Management Education (DSME) Program who can work in a fast-paced hospital environment. On the daily, you’ll provide assessment, case management, education and ongoing management/monitoring to patients and families that promotes diabetes self-management in an ambulatory setting. This is a Part Time Temporary position for Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, NJ. This position will last up to 6 months or more and is eligible to receive benefits.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensures that the DSME/T Program accreditation requirements are met and maintained
- Provides Diabetes Self-Management Education and documentation to program participants that meets the NSDSME and other regulatory standards
- Reviews Medical History and Self-Assessment tool with each patient, and Performs Limited Physical Exam as needed
- Provides direction for the selection and ongoing review of the curriculum and educational materials to ensure they meet the needs of the population targeted
- Develops and directs the implementation of an annual program evaluation plan and performance improvement activities, including quality improvement projects to evaluate program effectiveness
- Oversees the diabetes educational process and ensures that services are provided in an individualized and fiscally feasible manner
- Meets with the advisory group annually and to review and submit an annual report and CQI Committee monthly
- Plans, develops, and implements community based educational programs.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with community groups and potential referral sources
- Serves as a preceptor/mentor for dietetic interns
For more information and to apply, click here.
Send resume and coverletter to Elizabeth Nossier at: Elizabeth.Nossier@rwjbh.org
FT Nutritionist - WIC - North Hudson Community Action Corporation, Union City, NJ
WIC Nutritionist wanted in Union City, NJ
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food & Nutrition, Human Nutrition or Dietetics & must have Dietetic Verification Statement (or be a Registered Dietitian) Or Master’s Degree in Food & Nutrition, Human Nutrition or Dietetics
- Computer literate
- Bilingual in English & Spanish preferable (Most of the participants are only fluent in Spanish)
- Follow all NHCAC and NJ Dept. of Health WIC policies, procedures, regulations and instructions as delegated by the WIC Program Coordinator and Chief Nutritionist in completion of daily assignments.
- Serve as a CPA (Competent Professional Authority) for the WIC Program responsible for determining nutritional risk and prescribing supplemental foods to participants.
- Perform procedures necessary for evaluation/certification of program participants, which include:
- Nutrition assessment based on diet intake, height, weight and hemoglobin
- Nutrition and lactation counseling related to nutrition risk factor(s), developmental stage and participant’s concerns and needs
- Referrals to appropriate health care and social services
- Lead nutrition education classes.
- Nutrition counseling for high-risk participants according to WIC policies & procedures.
- Assess, approve and distribute special formulas along with maintaining special formula logs as assigned by Chief Nutritionist. Contact health care practitioner as needed.
- Assist Chief Nutritionist in selecting and/or developing, evaluating, and updating nutrition education materials and plans.
- Assist in planning, conducting, and evaluating nutrition education programs (ie. food demonstrations) for WIC program participants.
- Serve as a resource person for other WIC staff and the community.
- Attend quarterly State Nutrition Services meetings and trainings as assigned.
- Plan and participate in community outreach projects and educational programs.
- Work collaboratively with breastfeeding staff and health care practitioners.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Full-time, 40 hours
• Must be available: M, W, Fri: 8:15 – 4:15pm; Tuesdays & Thursdays: 8:15am-4:15pm or 815am-7:15pm
• Schedule may change
For more information please call: Karen Lazarowitz at: 201-866-4700 ex 23118
To apply, click here.
Please send resume/coverletter to: email@example.com
FCHS Program Associate - Warren County (Part-time)
Offer nutrition education programs to consumers and professionals. Provide consultation to and collaborate with community groups, schools and local organizations on nutrition, health and wellness topics/programs. Plan, conduct, and evaluate community projects and participate in community based applied research studies with a nutritional component. Be responsible for establishing a working relationship with Cooperative Extension counterparts in and out of the County. Participate in appropriate Family and Community Health Sciences functions.
- A Bachelor's Degree in nutrition, health education, public health, family and consumer sciences or related discipline
- Two years post baccalaureate experience and RD preferred.
- Candidate should have experience implementing community health promotion and behavior change programs.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, and have experience working with diverse groups/clientele.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Able to travel statewide and have a valid driver's license.
This is a part-time position of less than 20-hours weekly. deadline for applications is February 5, 2018.
To find out more information click here.
Registered Dietitian - LTAC Hospital in Perth Amboy (Maternity Leave Position)
Coordinates all phases of nutrition care including nutrition assessment, care planning, monitoring, education and counseling of hospitalized patients. Performs duties in support of and in compliance with performance improvement plans and licensing, accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
- Provides nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy integrated with patient’s medical goals.
- Performs nutritional assessment, evaluation and planning.
- Evaluates, interprets, monitors and documents the nutritional status and nutritional needs of hospitalized patients using established standards of care and practice guidelines.
- Maintains nutritional care plans, reviews medical records, correlates medical care to nutritional care, chart findings and attends conferences and rounds.
- Identifies and provides age-specific nutrition counseling to meet the cultural needs of the patients and their families.
- Develops, reviews, updates and implements educational materials to meet the needs of patients and professional staff.
- Makes recommendations for diet changes, supplements, enteral and parenteral nutrition and laboratory data.
- Functions as an integral member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Maintains Registered Dietitian (RD) status including continuing professional education.
- Completes quarterly performance improvement reports.
- Develops, implements and makes changes to nutrition related policies and procedures.
For more information email: Sue Patlock at: Spatlock@raritanbayrehab.com
MID-ATLANTIC REGIONAL DIETITIAN (EASTERN PENNSYLVANIA OR WESTERN NEW JERSEY BASED)
Chartwells School, a member of Compass Group, is seeking a Regional Dietitian to join our Nutrition Team to support the Mid-Atlantic Region. Territory will cover Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia and parts of New York. Position will be based in Eastern Pennsylvania or Western New Jersey.
Under the direction of the Director of Field Nutrition, the Regional Dietitian assists with development, implementation and evaluation of nutrition and sustainability initiatives that support the assigned Region and Chartwells K-12 strategic pillars.
- Creates wellness and sustainability strategic plan in collaboration with Chartwells and school district goals; measures and evaluates progress.
- Assists with the development, field implementation and evaluation of nutrition and sustainability programs.
- Collaborates with operations and support teams to develop programs that meet Chartwells nutrition guidelines, regulatory standards and district food cost goals.
- Participates as part of the sales team; provides nutrition related sales materials for new business proposals, attends sales presentations and strategic planning meetings.
- Supports Grant and Award Program. Promotes available grant opportunities for school districts, assists with grant submission and tracking as required.
- Assists field with interpretation of regulations, maintenance of USDA Administrative Review readiness and preparation for specific USDA audits.
- Leads electronic menu management system implementation, training, maintenance and measurement.
- Interfaces with teams to provide nutritional and regulatory review of ingredients, recipes, and menus.
- Manages Chartwells Food Allergy and Medical Condition program compliance.
- Monitors field compliance with USDA regulations and Chartwells policies via on-site and off-site audits.
- Leads and coordinates Chartwells nutrition sustainability and compliance training.
- Maintains knowledge of current nutrition and regulatory topics and trends; and interprets science and regulations to Chartwells and school districts as required.
- Travels up to 75% within region.
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) required
- Licensed by the State Dietetics Licensing Board in states where applicable required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of Foodservice Management experience required.
- Demonstrated success with large group public speaking and group training required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Multi-account experience preferred.
- Experience working with USDA approved nutrient analysis software, food purchasing, and website management preferred.
To learn more about Compass Group, please visit: http://www.compass-usa.com.
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Part Time Nutrition Coordinator - siggi's Dairy - New York City
Core Job Responsibilities:
Assist the dietitian with aspects of the siggi’s ambassador program, including but not limited to:
- Packing mailers and other resource requests
- Coordinating ambassador rewards and sendouts, including social media tracking to identify top ambassadors
- Fulfilling coupon requests
- Assist with conference planning and logistics, including packing and shipping materials for events and corresponding with event organizers.
- Assist with on-site conference execution (possibility including travel to 1-2 conferences).
This is a part time, short term job ideal for individuals enrolled in masters nutrition programs or part time dietetic internships looking to gain experience in the industry sector of nutrition.
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Per Diem RDN at Clara Maass Medical Center
RDN with at least 1-2 years of prior experience as a Clinical Inpatient RDN in an acute care setting
Willing to pass a competency test after 3 months to obtain order writing privileges
Knowledge of NCP, Electronic Medical Record e.g. Cerner, Nutrition Software e.g. CBORD or Health Touch
Excellent Communication and Education Skills
Effectively work as part of a team and independently
Good time management skills
Seeking a candidate willing to work 24-32 hrs/week, 1 holiday and 1 community event annually and 1 Sat and 1 Sun/month (2 weekend days/month)
If interested contact Elizabeth Nossier at: Elizabeth.Nossier@rwjbh.org
Adjunct Professor, Monmouth University
Monmouth University is looking for an adjunct professor to teach Health and Nutrition for the Spring 2018 Semester. Tues/Friday: 11:40-1:00pm. Classes start week of January 16th.
RDN with Masters Degree in Nutrition
For more information and to apply please contact: Robin Kucharczyk, PhD at: email@example.com
PT Dietitian - The Daugthers of Miriam Center and DineRite Food Services
The Daughters of Miriam Center and DineRite Food Services have an IMMEDIATE opening for a Registered Dietitian interested in a part time (16 hours week) permanent position. The qualifications include: RD License, Three (3) years experience in a health care setting (nursing home preferred), Knowledge of PCC and Gerimenu (will train). The facility, which is adjacent to the Garden State Parkway in North Jersey, is easily accessible from major highways. Please include cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DineRite LLC and the Daughters of Miriam are AAE, EOE, and EANJ Members
For more information please email Jennifer Nattt: email@example.com
Application with interview
Send resume and resume/coverletter to Jennifer Natt: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical dietitian - pomona, new jersey
Exciting new clinical opportunity awaits in Pomona, NJ. We are currently seeking a clinical dietitian to join our inpatient nutrition team. If you are a registered dietitian who is seeking a quality healthcare opportunity in an acute care medical center, then you do not want to miss out on this great opportunity.
Job ID: LLP10121782078
Per Diem Dietitian - Kearny, NJ
The position is responsible for overseeing the dietary department. Ensuring the delivery of dietary services as required by standards.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and implement written objectives, policies, a procedure manual, an organizational plan and a quality assurance program for the dietary department
- Involvement in planning and budgeting for the dietary department
- Ensure that dietary services are provided in the dietary portion of the patient treatment plan and coordinate with other services to provide a continuum of care for the patient
- Assist in job descriptions and training for dietary personnel to ensure that the specific duties match the qualifications of the staff members
- Participate in all facility education training and assisting when needed.
- Assess the dietary needs of the patients and the preparation of the dietary portion of the patient treatment plan based on the assessment.
- Provide dietary services to patients as specified in the patient’s treatment plan.
- Participate in the multidisciplinary team in the development, implementation, revision of the patient treatment plan.
- Complete clinical notes and progress notes regarding assessments and reassessments.
Dietitian must be registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (Office on Dietetic Credentialing Chicago, Illinois)