New Member information
Welcome to the NJAND! Our affiliate organization supports close to 2100 RDNs/NDTR's throughout the state. We are separated into three regions and each region has two co-chairs and a nominating committee member.
Accelerate improvements in NJ’s health and wellness through food and nutrition.
A state where all NJ residents, at all stages of life, thrive through the transformative power of food and nutrition
The New Jersey Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and our members will:
- Integrate research, professional development and practice to stimulate innovation and discovery and to expand workforce capacity and capability.
- Collaborate with mission-aligned partners to solve New Jersey’s food and nutrition challenges now and in the future
- Support food systems, policies, and practices in New Jersey that impact food, nutrition, wellness and healthcare sectors
- Have a statewide impact in eliminating all forms of malnutrition
- Amplify the contribution and branding of nutrition practitioners
NJAND Executive Board Members
- President: Lizz Nossier
- Immediate Past-President: Kathleen Carozza
- Treasurer: Caity Liptak ('16-'18)
- Treasurer-elect: Jane Pilanski
- Secretary: Pat Gibbons ('17-'19)
- Academy Delegate: Chesney Blue ('17-'20)
- Regional Co-Chairs (one voting member per region):
- Region One: Andrea Grasso Irvine ('16-18"), Sarah Fine ('17-'19)
- Region Two: Janet Reid-Hector (’16-’18), Jenna Deinzer ('17-'19)
- Region Three: Jaclyn Capalbo (’16-’18), Lauren Pendergast ('17-'19)
For additional board member names and contact information please contact our executive director, Megan Squires, MS, RDN at: email@example.com
The New Jersey Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is broken down into three regions (North, Central, and South). To see a list of the counties in each region - click here.
NJAND has many opportunities for members to become partners/sponsors. Benefits include registration and exhibit table the annual meeting. free job posts, and advertisements for your company. Please click here to see more about out partner/sponsorship opportunities.
NJAND has many opportunities to volunteer. We are always looking for fun, energetic, members for our Community Outreach Committee and our Social Media Team. We have specific volunteer opportunities during National Nutrition Month and throughout the year for special projects/initiatives. If you would like to volunteer with NJAND in any capacity, even one not listed here, please contact our executive director at: firstname.lastname@example.org so that she can get you in touch with the correct person. We look forward to hearing from you!
Meeting Emergency Needs with Dignity (MEND) is a non-profit coalition that brings together 18 interfaith food pantries that service over 100,000 residents of Essex County. NJAND has recently partnered with MEND to provide guidance regarding healthy food donations and to develop cooking demonstrations (6 lessons starting in March 2017)/ nutrition education materials for clients. We are very excited about this new partnership!
Listservs and Professional Networking Groups
We currently have Four Listservs and Five Professional Networking Groups for RDN's/NDTR's- to get involved please email the contact person listed below.
Professional Networking Groups: (In-person networking groups that occur quarterly or monthly - a great way to get to know RDN's/NDTR's near you!)
African American RD's: Chesney Blue
Jersey Shore Area: Mandy Enright
Greater Morristown Area: Laura Coti Garrett
South Jersey: Allyson Mitidieri
Hudson County: Lauren Pendergast
Essex County: Katelyn Collins
Central Jersey: Estee Smoler
Annual Meeting of the NJAnd