New Member information
Welcome to the NJAND! Our affiliate organization supports close to 2100 RDNs/NDTR's throughout the state. We are separated into three regions and each region has two co-chairs and a nominating committee member.
Mission: Empower members to be New Jerseys food and nutrition leaders.
Vision: Optimize New Jerseys health through food and nutrition.
- Customer Focus: Meet the needs and exceed the expectations of all customers
- Advocacy: Provide leadership to impact development of policy and environmental changes that will improve nutrition
- Integrity: Act ethically with accountability for lifelong learning, commitment to excellence, and professionalism
- Innovation: Proactively embrace change with creativity and strategic thinking
- Social Responsibility: Make decisions with consideration for inclusiveness and scientific evidence, as well as environmental, economic, and social implications
- Collaborations: Foster a team approach throughout the state to become a resource for members, health care professionals, and providers of care
- Diversity: Recognize and respect differences in culture, ethnicity, age, gender, race, creed, religion, sexual orientation, physical ability, politics, and socioeconomic characteristics
Strategic Plan (2015-2018)
- Members and prospective members see NJAND as essential to professional success as demonstrated by engagement, retention, and perceived value
- RDNs, NDTRs, and the public view NJAND as New Jersey’s trusted, vital source of food and nutrition expertise
- Impact public policy decisions that will positively affect nutrition and health
NJAND Executive Board Members
President: Kathleen Carozza, MA, RDN
President- Elect: Jenna Cope, RDN
Treasurer: Caity Liptak, RDN
Secretary: Jackie Piemonte, RDN
AND Delegate: Lizz Nossier, MS, RDN
Past President: Chesney Blue, RDN
Media Representative: Mandy Enright, MS, RDN, RYT
For additional board member names and contact information please contact our executive director, Megan Squires, MS, RDN at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The New Jersey Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is broken down into three regions (North, Central, and South). To see a list of the counties in each region - click here.
NJAND has many opportunities for members to become partners/sponsors. Benefits include registration and exhibit table the annual meeting. free job posts, and advertisements for your company. Please click here to see more about out partner/sponsorship opportunities.
NJAND has many opportunities to volunteer. We are always looking for fun, energetic, members for our Community Outreach Committee and our Social Media Team. We have specific volunteer opportunities during National Nutrition Month and throughout the year for special projects/initiatives. If you would like to volunteer with NJAND in any capacity, even one not listed here, please contact our executive director at: email@example.com so that she can get you in touch with the correct person. We look forward to hearing from you!
Meeting Emergency Needs with Dignity (MEND) is a non-profit coalition that brings together 18 interfaith food pantries that service over 100,000 residents of Essex County. NJAND has recently partnered with MEND to provide guidance regarding healthy food donations and to develop cooking demonstrations (6 lessons starting in March 2017)/ nutrition education materials for clients. We are very excited about this new partnership!
Listservs and Professional Networking Groups
We currently have Four Listservs and Five Professional Networking Groups for RDN's/NDTR's- to get involved please email the contact person listed below.
Professional Networking Groups: (In-person networking groups that occur quarterly or monthly - a great way to get to know RDN's/NDTR's near you!)
African American RD's: Chesney Blue
Jersey Shore Area: Mandy Enright
Greater Morristown Area: Jane Dixon and/or Robin Gould
South Jersey: Pat Uke, Chrissie Duffield, and/or Rosemary O'Dea
Hudson County: Lauren Pendergast
Annual Meeting of the NJAnd
In 2017 NJAND will celebrate it's 85th year! The meeting is scheduled for Friday, April 28, 2017 at the Hyatt Regency in Morristown, NJ. To find out more about the annual meeting please click here