Message from the President
Welcome to the New Jersey Dietetic Association
Welcome to the New Jersey Dietetic Association (NJDA) website. We are an affiliate of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the nation's largest organization of food and nutrition professionals.
New Jersey's Registered Dietitians (RDs) and Dietetic Technicians, Registered (DTRs) are committed to helping NJ citizens reach their health and nutrition goals. We work throughout the state to:
- inform the public about good nutrition,
- help consumers make healthy food and physical activity choices to promote good health, and
- assist patients and their providers to improve health conditions.
For the public
We are your resource for food and nutrition information that is scientific and evidence-based. This web site provides reliable nutrition information and resources for you to make better food and health choices. And you can use the Find A Dietitian resources to connect with an RD in your area.
Check here often to find information about:
- School health and wellness programs to address childhood obesity;
- Tools for menu planning to help guide your food choices;
- Nutrition topics in the news;
- Other consumer information related to nutrition; and
- Links to other reliable sources of nutrition information, including the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
For our members
You are the state's food and nutrition leaders, and NJDA strives to help you achieve and maintain this status. We provide educational and networking opportunities throughout the year, and resources to help improve your practice.
On this website you will find:
- An Event Calendar which will guide you to educational and networking opportunities throughout the state, whether sponsored by NJDA or others;
- Employment opportunities;
- Recaps of presentations you may have missed, like the last Annual Meeting;
- Educational resources; and
- Information on our current legislative initiatives.
Visit this site often for new information, opportunities, and to find out what is happening at NJDA!
Audrey Adler, MS, RD
President - NJDA